Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Butterflies on Thistles

Life is butterflies and thistles.
Hummingbirds and bumblebees.
Sleepless nights and sleep-in mornings.
Blooming flowers and chomping worms.
Truth and fiction. Sorrow and joy. 
Butterflies on thistles.

I'm off my schedule this week, but wanted to stop in to thank you all again for all your prayers and thoughts this last week as I had to tell Mom goodbye. Now my house is full of sleeping grandkids. That would make Mom smile. 




THANK YOU LORD FOR SIMPLE THINGS (Anonymous)

 Thank You, Lord, for simple joys… 
Homemade cookies, handmade toys.    
Cotton clouds in bright blue skies; 
Buttercups and butterflies,

Kitties, puppies, birds and squirrels; 
Little boys and little girls,

Starlit nights and sunny days; 
Words of hope with love and praise.

A smile, a friend, a big warm hug; 
Cocoa in my favorite mug.

Peanut butter on a spoon; 
Winds in March and flowers in June.

A cherished book, a special song; 
All the places I “belong.”

Feet that dance and eyes that grin, 
And a heart to hold my memories in.


What small things are you thankful for today? No small thing, but I'm thankful for you.

2 comments:

  1. And I, dear Ann, am thankful for you. May each hug you get from your precious grandchildren comfort you and bring joy to your soul. Those simple hugs are the very best medicine for us all.

    mauback55 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grandkid hugs are the best, but I have to admit I'm running out of energy, Melanie. How very sweet of you to be thankful for me. I in return am very thankful for those of you who read my stories and my ramblings here.

      Delete

Thanks for joining the conversation. It's fun reading what you have to say and I'll get your comments posted pronto with an answer back.